Genius is the first of our suppliers that have committed to work with GREAT FOOD GLUTEN FREE throughout 2014. Starting in the new year we will be reviewing various products from their range.
Founded in 2009 by Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne with the launch of Genius White and Brown 400g loaves available in UK supermarkets, Genius has grown rapidly with an extensive range of products.
In the meantime here is the Genius founder Lucinda giving her top tips for cooking a gluten free Christmas (my Christmas Pudding recipe previously featured last month was from the Genius recipes and is amazing)
1) Making gluten free breadcrumbs from Genius White Sandwich bread means you can make many favourite Christmas recipes:
· Use freshly crumbed Genius bread to make bread sauce
· Mix minced pork, onion, herbs and other flavouring ingredients, with freshly crumbed white Genius bread to make your family’s favourite Christmas stuffing
· For gluten free Christmas pudding, use freshly crumbed white or brown Genius bread.
2) Homemade gluten free sausage meat is also fantastic for making handmade chipolata sausages and pigs in blankets
3) Make gluten free bite sized croutes as a base for canapes and finger food for your Christmas drinks parties with White Genius sandwich loaf
4) Make larger sized gluten free toasted croutes and top with grated Gruyere cheese mixed with Dijon mustard and black pepper for adding crunch and extra flavour to your favourite soups
5) Make gluten free croutons with white Genius Sandwich or Bloomer bread for warming winter soups and tasty salads
6) Use Genius Fruit loaf to make a seasonal, spiced bread and butter pudding or toasted with honey and banana for a tasty breakfast
7) For a light Christmas supper, top a Genius toasted and buttered crumpet or two with a thick slice of baked ham, poached eggs and mustard.
8) Make hearty turkey, cranberry, stuffing and bread sauce sandwiches with Genius white, brown and white sandwich bread or Genius seeded rolls
9) Substitute wheat flour with rice flour or cornflour to make thicken your gravy and milk based sauces for turkey or fish pie fillings
10) Follow our breaded camber with cranberry sauce on our website as a delicious warming starter.
Follow on Twitter @GeniusFoods